Bussey’s Florist was Voted Best Florist by readers of the Rome News Tribune and the Journal-Standard
We at Bussey’s Florist, strongly encourage all of our customers to start shopping now to find lovely Mother’s Day Flowers. This is arguably the busiest time of the year for Flower purchases and now is the perfect time to start shopping with Bussey’s Florist. Our Floral Designers have been working many hours creating elegant, fresh and heartfelt flower arrangements and bouquets for Mother’s Day.
Mom is for sure a one-of-a-kind lady and deserves to be additionally honored on Mother’s Day. An excellent way to do that is by giving her a special Bussey’s Florist Bouquet. After all, she spent many years of dedicated commitment to our success and happiness. Let her know you have not forgotten her devotion. There is nothing better than watching mom’s face when she receives a gorgeous bouquet. If you are still looking for fun activities to do with Mom on this special day, there are hundreds of things to do. Whatever you choose it will not matter to her as long as she is with you. Below is a short list to help you.
Air BNB – Pick a favorite getaway destination and take mom for a short trip. Make it a fun adventure for all.
Pamper Mom – Book a spa day with your mom. There are many package deals for Mother’s Day. This is a great way to spend time with your special Mom and both of you will feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Create a Photo Collage – You probably have many photos in boxes. Go through them and pick out the ones that you think your mom would be the most touched by viewing again. Then go to the arts and crafts store and purchase a nice collage photo album. The look on her face when she opens your present will be priceless.
Gardening – This is a great outdoor or even indoor activity for some vegetables and plants. It is a great way to spend quality with your mom and nature. Perhaps if she enjoys cooking you can start growing some herbs.
Cook Dinner – Over the years you have learned what your mom’s favorite meals are. She would be delighted to have you prepare that special “Breakfast in Bed”, Lunch or Dinner.
There are too many activities to list and most anything you plan to do with mom will make her happy. As you shop for a beautiful flower bouquet, your mom may have some favorite varieties of flowers that you are aware of. Below are some tips for a few classic favorite Mother’s Day Flowers:
- Daisies – If your mother is one of those easy going, lighthearted, friendly and enjoys life’s simple things kind of person, Daisies represent those traits of sweetness and innocence. White Daisies and Mixed are perfect. Add a thoughtful Mother’s Day Card and you are good to go.
- Tulips – These are awesome Springtime flowers. There are so many colors and varieties that look lovely in an arrangement or bouquet. Not only are they pretty but they have a long-lasting fresh scent to make mom’s house smell great.
- Carnations – For many years the Carnation has been a favorite and an official Mother’s Day Flower. Meaning is given to the red or pink carnation in that these reflect a mother who is still living. For mothers that are no longer with us, the white Carnation is appropriate.
- Roses – It goes without saying that everyone loves Roses. Pretty much any color accept Red is great for Mother’s Day. Only because Red Roses are usually reserved to symbolize Romantic love. Yellow and Orange Roses typically are purchased to express your feelings of gratitude and joy for all that mom has done for you.
- Lisianthus – If your mom is a fan of flowers that look delicate, elegant, and fascinating, these flowers are perfect. Lisianthus flowers are available in multiple colors and make beautiful flower bouquets.
- Lilies – Lilies always put a smile on mom’s face. There are so very many colors to choose from. Their gorgeous long petals range from the white lily to the orange tiger lily and countless colors in between.
- Anthurium – The good thing about this plant is it is a lasting gift that mom can enjoy for quite some time even years in some cases.
- Orchids – Orchids are a wonderful and traditional exotic flower. Mom will love placing these in her home as a beautiful decorative flowering plant.
- Hydrangeas – Blue is a common color for these but there are other colors available also. Because they are such a full and lush flower, they symbolize the abundance of love and support your mom has given you.
- Gladiolus – When you want to convey the message that mom has always been a person of faithfulness, honor, and strength of character, Gladiolus are the exact flower to purchase. Mom will see your admiration and feel honored.
Rose Gift Collection Traditional
One dozen Ecuadorian roses (color to be selected by your designer) paired with a hand-poured 20-hour Bussey’s signature candle and a box of four locally made Maggie Lyon Truffles – A Bussey’s exclusive available for local delivery.
Bussey’s Florist Mother’s Day Flowers
Voted Best Florist by readers of the Rome News Tribune and the Journal-Standard, Bussey’s Florist & Gifts is a floral boutique known for its classical style, smartly updated with contemporary twists. Bussey’s offers a wide variety of unique gifts, interior accessories, & plants along with beautiful fresh flowers for every occasion in your life. We offer so much at Bussey’s including a Q&A on our website to help customers with common questions. Below is a partial excerpt regarding purchasing flowers for that special lady.
A bouquet can express a range of feelings — from romantic to friendly to something in between. Your wife or sweetheart will love to receive a surprise gift of flowers. So will your mother, daughter, sister, and friends.
Women are interested in a wide variety of flowers and colors. So, when giving roses, consider pink, peach, yellow, white, or assorted colors to catch her attention. And remember, most women appreciate a beautiful assortment of fresh flowers, as well as roses.
The prices of some flowers vary seasonally. Roses, for example, are usually a great value during summer months. In the winter, mixed bouquets may be a better way to go.
Because of their infinite diversity and unique appeal, flowers never lose their specialness. Each new floral arrangement is a fresh and individual declaration of appreciation — reflecting positively on your imagination and thoughtfulness.
When ordering flowers, have ready the recipient’s name, address, and phone number. If you’re not sure what to order, ask for assistance.
Selecting flowers may be a bewildering experience for the uninitiated man. Fortunately, help is available. Consult your professional florist for a special arrangement that will match both your sentiment and her personality.
Every woman can remember the last time she got flowers!
She will love our Lavender Ecuadorian Roses, hand-picked in the high elevations where the combination of full sun and cool temperatures create the perfect rose. Our farms feature 30% larger blooms, longer vase life and luxurious petal counts. Presented in an elegant glass vase featuring an assortment of fresh foliage.
Bussey’s Florist & Gifts offers Lovely Mother’s Day Flowers
250 Broad Street Rome
Rome, GA 30161