The history surrounding Veterans Day on November 11th is interesting and quite unique. In 1918 on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, all major hostilities of World War I were formally ended. Veterans Day was initially referred to as Armistice Day and was created to celebrate the service of all U.S. military veterans. A respectable and loving way to honor a Veteran on this special day, is to send a flower arrangement or plant from Bussey’s Florist.
In 1919, President Woodrow Wilson gave a memorable speech where he highly commended the men and women of the United States military. “To us in America the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service, and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of nations”.
Both Armistice Day and Remembrance Day are celebrated in other countries as a remembrance to the end of World War I. In 1954, Veterans Day became the official name in the US to honor our military men and women. Veterans Day differs from Memorial Day. While both days honor our military, Memorial Day is designated to honor those who died while fighting for our country. Veterans Day is designated to honor all of the military folks who have served our country.
You will find creative, loving and fresh floral products at Bussey’s Florist. Here is a short list of ideas for other kind acts to honor a Veteran.
- Hire a veteran – If you own a small business or are in a hiring position at a company, perhaps hire a veteran who is anxious to get out into the working world.
- Donate frequent-flyer miles – For any of us that travel a lot for work or pleasure, perhaps you have accumulated some extra travel miles that you may not use. One organization that would love the free flyer miles is the Fisher House Foundation Hero Miles Program. They are dedicated to assisting family members with travel expenses so that they can be close to their loved one who may be ill or injured.
- Hire a veteran’s caregiver – Offering support to veteran’s families is so valuable. Plus, many of these folks are incredible employees.
- Volunteer your skills – If you have knowledge of a trade or financial planning etc., veterans can benefit from your volunteer teaching.
- Donate Money – There are several organizations that support veterans and they can always use private donations.
- Veteran Speaker – Many veterans have wonderful and inspirational stories of overcoming adversity and never giving up. Find one that enjoys speaking to other veterans.
- Do business with a veteran-owned company – Astonishingly there are an estimated 27 million veteran owned small businesses in the U.S. These companies are run by the fine men and women that defended our country. You will find some of the most trustworthy services and quality products.
Cottage Garden – Inspired by the cottage cutting garden, this bouquet is created from a beautiful assortment of garden blooms. Hybrid garden roses, hydrangea, and stock are beautifully combined in a fresh picked style that is guaranteed to make your recipient feel loved. Bussey’s arrangements are custom gifts designed by hand. Mother Nature changes our farm-fresh inventory every morning, to assure your gift is fresh and gorgeous our designers may need to make substitutions but will capture the color & style of your selection to deliver a “WOW” for your recipient.
Epic Day in Cedartown – Bussey’s Florist is known for creating gorgeous fresh flower arrangements. We have been voted best florist in Rome & Cedartown on numerous occasions. This fresh flower arrangement includes gorgeous yellow sunflowers, orange lilies, pink roses, green poms and orange alstroemeria. Our designers then nestle all these gorgeous flowers into a beautiful cylindrical, clear glass vase. Bussey’s arrangements are custom gifts designed by hand. Mother Nature changes our farm-fresh inventory every morning, to assure your gift is fresh and gorgeous our designers may need to make substitutions but will capture the color & style of your selection to deliver a “WOW” for your recipient.
CEDARTOWN FLOWER DELIVERY
LOCAL SAME DAY & EXPRESS DELIVERY
Bussey’s Florist & Gifts is a family owned and operated floral design firm. Our company was founded in 1976 and we are local to Cedartown. We operate multiple flower shops in Floyd and Polk County Georgia. Our firm was voted Best Local Florist, by readers of the Rome News Tribune and the Journal-Standard. We employ a very talented team of floral design professionals. These folks create luxurious, upscale floral arrangements. Bussey’s offers the best selection of green plants, flowering baskets, succulent dish gardens and tropical plants in the area. We provide local same day and express flower delivery anywhere in the Cedartown Georgia area. The driving distance from our floral design center to downtown Cedartown is literally less than 1 mile. Our delivery staff makes multiple deliveries to business and residential customers in Cedartown every day.
Bussey’s Flowers offers a fantastic collection of birthday themed floral designs. We have birthday flower designs themed for her and designs themed for him. We even have a collection we call Milestone Birthdays, that include some of our most luxurious designs. Every birthday themed floral design we create is backed by our on-time delivery guarantee. Each arrangement is also backed by our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. You won’t find a florist that cares more about exceeding your expectations than Bussey’s Florist & Gifts.
Bussey’s is Cedartown’s Favorite Florist. Our firm has years of experience in the floral design industry. We create exceptional flower arrangements that are guaranteed to generate a smile. Do you have an anniversary coming up soon? If so, we have some wonderful anniversary flower, plant and gift ideas for you. Take a look at the beautiful arrangement pictured to the right. We call it Floyd Country Sunrise. This luxurious floral design features orange Ecuadorian roses, full bloom hydrangea, gorgeous exotic cymbidium orchids, ferns, leaves and seasonal greenery. The award-winning design team at Bussey’s is known for creating unique, luxurious arrangements and this one really fits the reputation.
Epic Day in Cedartown
Bussey’s Florist & Gifts
250 Broad Street Rome
Rome, GA 30161